Gotzu Technology
Steve Kerr's reaction to Jon Gruden's $100M Raiders deal is hilarious - Printable Version

+- Gotzu Technology (http://forum.gotzu.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Minds (http://forum.gotzu.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.gotzu.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Steve Kerr's reaction to Jon Gruden's $100M Raiders deal is hilarious (/showthread.php?tid=62130)

Steve Kerr's reaction to Jon Gruden's $100M Raiders deal is hilarious - aliciahuang - 01-12-2018

Raiders owner Mark Davis has held Gruden in high regard for years and has made more than one run at getting Chucky out of the broadcast booth before his latest successful attempt.,However

but he understands the value he brings to a fan base that has been asked to endure quite a bit over the past 12 months. Fans also must weather the Raiders being uprooted from the Bay Area for the second time in three decades within the next 24 months with their impending move to Las Vegas.,That’s because Davis not only appreciates Gruden’s football acumen

Meanwhile, this Oakland team is primed to make a Super Bowl run if general manager Reggie McKenzie is able to flesh out areas of need in the 2018 NFL Draft under the tutelage of the fiery Gruden., Gruden is wise to get back into coaching. He currently is highest-paid analyst and has watched the network recently purge much of their talent as well as slash salaries. Moreover

But all of that is likely of little consequence to Kerr given his paltry salary of just $5 million per year.

when he does his finalbroadcast. He is slated to announce the Tennessee Titans-Kansas City Chiefs wild-card game with partner Sean McDonough.,Jon Gruden will finally make his return to the sideline in 2018. Longtime NFL reporter Steve Corkran of RaidersSnakepit.com reported that the team will introduce Gruden as its new head coach in a news conference on Tuesday. Adam Schefter confirmed the report. It will be interesting to see what Gruden has to say about it on Saturday

And the Raiders made it worth it for Gruden to give up his job at ESPN. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Schefter said., Gruden’s deal is for 10 years and $100 million. It’s the longest coaching contract in NFL history

The Raiders couldn’t have found a bigger name for the job,Womens Braxton Miller Jersey, which opened when they fired Jack Del Rio as soon as the season ended. Before the season finale there were already reports the Raiders were going to offer Gruden a significant contract. The move brings Gruden back to the Raiders, when he was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers., who he coached through the 2001 season

Gruden already has his three top assistants in place, Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther will take on the same role with Oakland and Cowboys special teams coach Rich Bisaccia will run Gruden’s special teams.,Womens Tyler Ervin Jersey, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network: Rams quarterbacks coach Greg Olson will be offensive coordinator

There will be a few more new coaches hired as the NFL’s carousel spins this offseason. But none will generate bigger headlines than Gruden’s return.

The Oakland Raiders reportedly are ready to make their pick of Jon Gruden as their new head coach official.

which would make it the longest coaching deal in NFL history.,Schefter later reported that sources told him Gruden's deal would be for nearly $100 million over 10 years

Gruden previously coached Oakland from 1998 to 2001 before leaving to coach the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He led Tampa Bay to a Super Bowl XXXVII victory over the Raiders in 2003.

The Raiders fired Jack Del Rio as head coach after the team's regular-season finale on Sunday. Oakland lost that game to the Los Angeles Chargers to fall to a disappointing 6-10 record on the season.

Jon Gruden returned Tuesday — to the franchise that gave him his first NFL head-coaching job, traded him after four seasons and then,Womens Kevin Johnson Jersey, handed him the job again., 16 years later

“I never wanted to leave the Raiders, and I’m ready to get to work.”,” Gruden said at his re-introductory news conference. “I never thought I’d be back. But here I am

The Raiders rolled out the silver-and-black carpet for Gruden at their Alameda headquarters,Womens Benardrick McKinney Jersey, flanked by owner Mark Davis on his right and general manager Reggie McKenzie on his left., staging his unveiling in their recently built weight room and packing the place with franchise luminaries. A video tribute to Gruden played before he took the stage

“Once a Raider,” Davis said. “Never been more appropriate than today.”, always a Raider

then-owner Al Davis in ,Womens Julién Davenport Jersey,Gruden led the Raiders to a 38-26 regular-season record and two trips to the postseasonin his first tenure with Oakland before being traded to Tampa Bay by Davis’ father

On Tuesday, finally doing so with a deal ESPN reported at 10 years and $100 million., Mark Davis said he had tried unsuccessfully for six years to lure Gruden back to the franchise

but Davis made clear how invested he was in a reunion.,Neither Gruden nor Davis addressed those numbers directly Tuesday

” Davis said.,“It is the biggest day of my life right now to have him here

Gruden, 54, said the time was right for a return to the sideline., who has spent the past nine years as an analyst for “Monday Night Football” while turning down overtures from teams

” Gruden said. “I think over the last six,“Mark and I have been friends a long time, seven years, my vision of how I thought I could help., we had talked about the Raiders, not necessarily becoming the coach but maybe ways that we could improve the Raiders

I said yes I do. It’s a mysterious way that it all came together. But here I am.”,“But Mark came to me a few weeks ago and asked me ... if I had any intentions of coaching. And with the support of my family

Gruden, said several times that he has maintained a connection to the team., who was 34 and the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia when the Raiders hired him the first time in January 1998

in my heart,“I just, I feel this is the thing to do, about. And I’m going to do everything I can to hire a great coaching staff and put the Raiders back on track.”,” Gruden said. “This is the organization that I want to be a part of. And I’m all in. I only live one time. This is something that I feel deeply, strongly

Carr’s rookie year,Olson previously worked with quarterback Derek Carr as the Raiders’ offensive coordinator in 2014, and spent last season as quarterbacks coach of the Rams. Guenther was the defensive coordinator in Cincinnati, previously ran the offense. Bisaccia was Gruden’s special-teams coordinator in all seven of his seasons with the Buccaneers., where Gruden’s brother and current Washington head coach, Jay Gruden

and that he intends to tailor his offense partly to his personnel.,Gruden said he will call plays for the offense

“We’re going to have to look at our roster carefully: Do we have a fullback? Who is the feature back? Who are the receivers?” Gruden said. “A lot of things need to be determined. And I think you have to have an offense that is adaptable, that can adjust to a number of different scenarios.”,Authentic Jaelen Strong Jersey,  that’s versatile

though,As for his coaching style,Authentic Tyler Ervin Jersey, Gruden said he has no plan to dial back the fierce enthusiasm he exuded in his first go-around. Gruden, he was also “the biggest cheerleader in the league” after positive plays., who was known for his scowl,Authentic Kevin Johnson Jersey,pointed out that though he sometimes swore and screamed at players in practices or from the sideline

“The reality is I haven’t changed much at all since 1998, Authentic Julién Davenport Jersey, philosophical person. I’ve always loved football. I wanted to come back. I’m prepared to come back. I’m ready to roll. I’m just ready to go.”,” Gruden said. “I really haven’t. I’m not a real deep

For a half-hour Tuesday, in the “Tuck Rule” game in a January 2002 playoff loss against the Patriots,Authentic Benardrick McKinney Jersey,Gruden fielded questions and peppered his responses with humor and enthusiasm. He said his final loss as the Raiders’ head coach, “still ticks me off.” He said he has continued to devise offensive plays while out of coaching and that: “When I met Derek Carr this morning, I thought of a few more.”

Gruden formally was introduced to the public Tuesday. There was less a sense of a 54-year-old man being hired for a job but rather an overdue reunion and even prodigal coach’s return. Gruden made his first comments about his arrival since ending a nine-year tenure Saturday as an ESPN analyst to sign a 10-year,Authentic Alex Smith Jersey, $100 million contract with the NFL team.

He initially joined the franchise in 1998 at age 34. He remained there through the 2001 season before being traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Gruden won a Super Bowl the next year over the Raiders. He hasn’t coached in the league since 2008.

” Gruden said. “I never thought I’d be back. … I feel a lot of unfinished business. I feel a lot of loyalty, Womens Jaelen Strong Jersey,and I feel a lot of responsibility to get the Raiders going again. It’s been awhile since we consistently performed at a high level,“I never wanted to leave the Raiders, and that’s really all I care about.”

a role he’s held in the past. He also confirmed the hirings of defensive coordinator Paul Guenther, offensive coordinator Greg Olson and special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia. More interviews will be Wednesday morning,Gruden said he will call offensive plays from the sideline, Gruden said.

He attempted more than once to lure Gruden back onto the Raiders’ sideline. That included leading up to the 2014 hiring of coach Jack Del Rio, whom Davis fired Dec. 31 after a 6-10 season to add Gruden.

and I’m going to surround myself with the people that do know those things,“I said the one thing I know is what I don’t know,” Mark Davis said. “My vision at that time was Jon Gruden to coach this football team and Reggie McKenzie to bring in the talent. It took me six years of chasing Jon.

“But every trip I made to Tampa Bay, and if he’s gonna do it, and I continually tried to convince him that he’s wasting his time teaching everybody out here how to play football, I sat down in the Fired Football Coaches Association room and saw the work that Jon does every day starting at 3 in the morning. Watching film. Marking down plays. How much he enjoys it. And over the six years that passion never waned. He’s continually doing it, that he should come back and that he should do it with a football team in the National Football League, he should do it with the Raiders.”

Gruden’s introduction was inside the team’s weight room to account for the large number of people who attended. There were 230 chairs with a standing section for 25 video cameras.

the Raiders interviewed two minority candidates to be compliant with the Rooney Rule,Before hiring Gruden, McKenzie said. They were Southern California offensive coordinator Tee Martin and Raiders tight ends coach Bobby Johnson.