Gotzu Technology
Senior Bowl offers chance for Broncos to take long look at Allen, Mayfield - Printable Version

+- Gotzu Technology (http://forum.gotzu.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Minds (http://forum.gotzu.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.gotzu.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Senior Bowl offers chance for Broncos to take long look at Allen, Mayfield (/showthread.php?tid=62150)

Senior Bowl offers chance for Broncos to take long look at Allen, Mayfield - aliciahuang - 01-24-2018

On a watery-blue AstroTurf in Boise, Idaho, Broncos general manager John Elway paced the sidelines last month eager to learn more about Wyoming's Josh Allen., well-removed from the season's bitterness

Allen starred in the Idaho Potato Bowl with Elway looking on, playing not to improve his stock, well-respected and viewed as a leader by teammates. That he has mobility of a puma and throws a football 80-plus yards in the air does not hurt either., but out of loyalty to his program. In talking to multiple sources about Allen, he is well-liked

Allen can scribble outside the lines," repeating what draftnik Mel Kiper Jr. said last week. This why Senior Bowl is so important for Allen. At times, and deliver lasers. Two years ago, he made a pass on the run at Nebraska for a touchdown that opened my eyes to his NFL future. However, he relies too much on his arm,Authentic Matt Paradis Jersey, he completed 56.1 percentage of his throws in college against less-than-dominant competition. It creates pause. Allen said on 760 AM this week that "stats are for losers, and struggles with his footwork. That is not a stat. It is a fact. 

Will he show the intangibles and nuance to convince Broncos he's the guy? Can he demonstrate consistency this week on short and intermediate passes? He's expected to be comfortable under center, but the No. 1 overall selection.,Authentic Shelby Harris Jersey, where he lined up at Wyoming regularly. His ability to repeat his mechanics and take the film room to practice could make him not only the Broncos' top pick

He is the electric guitar in an acoustic set. He talks trash, but backs it up. Teammates gravitate toward him. The Broncos desperately need this type of personality on offense, will it matter? The number of 6-foot quarterbacks succeeding in the NFL starts with Drew Brees and ends with Russell Wilson. You could fit the card-carrying members in a phone booth., where leadership lacks. However,Authentic Shaquil Barrett Jersey, Mayfield brings questions about his size and his college offense. Is he really 6-foot-1? If not

Mayfield, and throw into tight windows. If he does, who has a family commitment but hopes to make Tuesday's practice according to,Authentic Menelik Watson Jersey, also must demonstrate a comfort level in a pro-style offense. He almost never played under center at Oklahoma. He used the run-pass-option routes, unleashing the ball quickly with breathtaking accuracy. As one NFL player told me recently though, he could be the answer at No. 5 if the Broncos are unable to land Kirk Cousins -- the preference -- or a Nick Foles, "Guys are wide open in college. They almost never are in our league." Mayfield needs to show the ability to adapt to a new scheme, Case Keenum type. 

“It’s fun to look over there and see a guy with as a great stature as John Elway, super down to earth and obviously he wants to win. And he’s doing the right thing by being down here and scouting as many players as he can and ultimately he’s going to make the best decision for that franchise.”,” Allen said Monday at the Senior Bowl’s introductory news conference. “It’s really cool that he went to one of my games. It speaks a lot about what the Denver Broncos are trying to do this offseason. I actually got a chance to speak with them right now. Super good guy

The decision is the big one looming over the Broncos as they search for their next starter after slogging through two playoff-less seasons with a rotating cast of quarterbacks. Denver has yet to find a consistent replacement since Peyton Manning‘s retirement in 2016 and there’s a chance their future could rest in the hands of a player who turned heads at the Manning Passing Academy last year.

“Obviously, what they watched on certain days, getting able to talk to Peyton and Eli and taking what they had to say about what they did … in game-planning,” Allen said. “Just really cool to try to emulate that because Peyton and Eli had really successful careers.”, how they watched film, their routine from waking up in the morning to going to sleep at night

Allen is one of two headliners at the Senior Bowl this week, along with Heisman-winning quarterback Baker Mayfield. Both will have three days of practices,Womens C.J. Anderson Jersey, answer any lingering questions about their resumes and try to erase any remaining doubt ahead of the April draft. Both will play for Broncos on the North team., a week of meetings and a final showcase Saturday to prove their worth

projected by some to go No. 1 in the draft, had an early chat with the Broncos on Monday,Womens Matt Paradis Jersey,Though Allen, he said he hopes his play speaks louder.

” he said. “I know there’s some skepticism about the type of player I am and where I come from,“I want to prove I belong,Womens Shelby Harris Jersey, the University of Wyoming. So getting out here and playing with the best of the best and showing I can make all the throws and understand offenses in the NFL. That’s the main reason I’m here.”

Allen’s completion percentage (56 percent) has been oft-criticized, along with the fact he didn’t play at a Power 5 school. To some analysts, he’d be a tremendous risk. To others,Womens Shaquil Barrett Jersey,Allen is also out to quash any doubts about his NFL potential because of numbers. Though he’s been lauded for his size and potential,Authentic Ronald Leary Jersey, he’d be one worth taking.

to show everybody come practice time that I’ve been working on that and the key to my accuracy is making sure my feet are set right and just trying to have a more polished throwing motion,” Allen said. “That’s what I’m cleaning up in this offseason, a more polished stroke. When my feet are right,Womens Menelik Watson Jersey, but hips are allowed to open a little better,“I’m way more accurate than that shows, and that’s kind of where your accuracy comes from. Getting out there in front of all the scouts and GMs at practice is going to show that.”