Gotzu Technology
Dolphins hire Tony Oden as DB coach - Printable Version

+- Gotzu Technology (http://forum.gotzu.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Minds (http://forum.gotzu.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.gotzu.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Dolphins hire Tony Oden as DB coach (/showthread.php?tid=62174)

Dolphins hire Tony Oden as DB coach - aliciahuang - 02-05-2018

Tony Oden will be the Dolphins’ new defensive backs coach, according to a league source. Alex Marvez of the Sporting News was the first to report the hire. Oden spent the last four years on the Lions staff as the defensive backs/cornerbacks coach.

The Lions are expected to hire Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia as their head coach at the conclusion of the Super Bowl, and it was unlikely Oden would be retained.

Oden began his NFL coaching career with the Texans back in 2004. He has also had stops with the Saints,A 14-year coaching veteran when it comes to tutoring NFL defensive backs,Womens Chris Conley Jersey, Jaguars and Buccaneers.

the secondary often blew coverages and assignments,Oden will have the task of growing the Dolphins young cornerbacks next season. Last year,Authentic Eric Dickerson Jersey, which led to the team finishing 17th in passing defense.

Now that the offseason is here it’s time for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to address the areas that are of concern. One of Tampa Bay’s biggest concerns right now is the team’s lack of pass rush, getting to the quarterback and their inability to pressure quarterbacks efficiently.

As a result, the Bucs will need to either draft a defensive weapon or pursue a solid defensive end through free agency. One player in particular who has expressed interest is Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett.

” Bennett said. “But right now I’m a Seahawk, I mean Tampa would be like an ideal to go back and get a chance to win a championship with those guys,“If anything ever happened with Seattle, so. But it’s always cool to have your old teammates want you to back on the team because it means you made a really good impression on them and you’re really good friends.”

Bennett finished the 2017 season with 8.5 sacks which is incredibly impressive considering the Bucs lack of production in sacks this year, proving why he could easily be the missing piece this team desperately needs. Bennett spent the 2009-2012 seasons with the Buccaneers and has emerged as one of the most dominant pass rushers in the NFL which is why he wouldn’t be a bad option for general manager Jason Licht and company to consider targeting this offseason.

The Patriots and Eagles may be the class of the NFL this season, but they receive only middling grades when it comes to their uniforms.

Which threads are hideous and which have a kick-ass aesthetic? Here’s a 1-32 ranking in which I tried very hard to insult your favorite team.

Since there have been back-to-back mock drafts predicting the Buccaneers will pick Chubb, it’s the perfect time to break down his draft profile and see what he can potentially offer Tampa Bay.

Chubb is a top-five player in this draft,Womens Mitch Morse Jersey,First and foremost, making him a steal at No. 7 no doubt. The young defensive stud is entering the draft after having a solid run at NC State last season and could be the Bucs’ missing element.

an effective pass rush and also struggled with getting to the quarterback, he has recorded 198 tackles and 25 sacks overall. Since the Bucs had issues generating sacks,Chubb finished his 2017 campaign with 72 tackles and 10 sacks. Throughout his time in college, Chubb could be the weapon this team is longing for on defense this year which is likely why mock after mock has the Bucs picking him in Round 1.

" Beane said. "You roll it over [into the next season]. He'll be on our roster for a while,"We don't have any cap room right now, until we figure things out.

"We'll get it worked out. He'll do stuff on his end, and we'll do it with the help of the league office and management council. We'll figure it out from there."

After a report surfaced about Wood's career ending because of a neck injury, the nine-year veteran confirmed in a statement Friday that a season-ending physical by team doctors revealed his injury would prevent him from being cleared to play again even with surgery or treatment.

including Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Kraig Urbik,Wood said in his statement Friday that he would announce his retirement at a news conference Monday. Some of his former teammates, were among the group of at least 100 people attending Wood's news conference.

I got the first stinger of my life,Authentic Chris Jones Jersey, we did an X-ray on my neck that showed no significant damage. After the season, as part of the exit physical,"In Week 5,Authentic KeiVarae Russell Jersey," Wood said Monday. "I got one the following week. After that game, we got an MRI that revealed a disc that was dangerously close to my spinal cord at C-2, C-3. That was alarming.

"Although I will no longer be cleared to play football,Authentic Mitch Morse Jersey, I am still on the Bills' roster and look forward to helping out the team in some capacity."

Beane confirmed that Wood received a second opinion on his neck from a non-team doctor and said he does "not believe" there is a chance Wood is cleared to play again.

Wood remains under contract through 2019 after he signed a two-year extension last August. His $4.8 million base salary in 2018 is guaranteed for injury, and he would count about $10 million against the Bills' salary cap next season if he is placed on the retired list or released. He would have counted about $8 million had he remained playing.

" Beane said. "But really,"He'll stay on the roster now and we'll figure out what's the best tactic for the Buffalo Bills as we move forward,Authentic Chris Conley Jersey, we're a long way from figuring out where we're going."

with the exception of a coin-flip and the teams competing in Super Bowl LII,The 2018 NFL draft order is set, meaning the vast majority of the league is focused on how to improve for 2018 and beyond through the draft.

such as defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick,Womens Steven Nelson Jersey, as well as elite options at other positions,Teams picking near the top of the draft will have a shot at the top quarterback prospects, running back Saquon Barkley and defensive end Bradley Chubb.

though,There are potential impact players to be had later in the first round, even if they are flying under the radar.

Cousins acknowledged a lot of variables go into winning. The Cardinals haven't had a winning record the past two seasons, but that won't necessarily scare away Cousins.

the winning comes and goes,"In this league,Authentic Steven Nelson Jersey," he said. "You look at what Jacksonville was able to do. Nobody expected that in July. A lot can change year to year."

Established quarterbacks don't often hit the open market, and Cousins could become the NFL's highest-paid player with a contract that exceeds an average of $25 million a year.

Cousins entered the NFL in 2012 as a fourth-round pick. Washington used the franchise tag on him the past two years, and this will be his first experience as an unrestricted free agent.

" Cousins said. "It's a unique experience. It may only happen one time in my career. I certainly look forward to the opportunity,"I haven’t had a chance to pick where I’m going to play since 2007 when I chose to go to Michigan State, if it comes."

Josh Malone had already moved on from the Tennessee football program, but that didn’t make last fall any easier for the Station Camp graduate and self-described Vol for life.

Even living two states away and with his first professional season in full swing, the 21-year-old Malone still couldn’t escape the struggles surrounding his former school..

It didn’t matter how hard he tried.

my teammates would always bring it up to me, who finished his three-year UT career with 104 receptions for 1,608 yards and 14 touchdowns. “For some reason,“The stuff that was happening in Knoxville,” said Malone, everybody is happy when Tennessee is losing. There was a lot that could have been different if one play had gone a different way, but everything happens for a reason.

however,As the Butch Jones era continued crumbling in Knoxville, Malone began making his mark in Cincinnati.

made his first career appearance in the Bengals’ Week 6 loss to the Steelers. He made his first catch the following week,Womens Chris Jones Jersey, taken in the fourth round of the 2017 NFL draft,Malone, hauling in a 25-yard touchdown reception in a 24-23 win over the Colts.

The 6-foot-3,Womens KeiVarae Russell Jersey, 208-pound Malone made six grabs for 63 yards in the final 10 games of 2017.

” he said. “My rookie season went well,“It was a true blessing, and I definitely finished where I wanted to be.”

Like the trajectory of his rookie season with the Bengals,Womens Eric Dickerson Jersey, Malone believes the Vols are also on the upswing