Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye both ready for Antonio Brown
The best thing that can happen for the Steelers is that Jacksonville comes into this game overconfident because of earlier in the season. Yes, the Jaguars won the game 30-9 but this is a very different Pittsburgh team on both sides of the football.

If the Jaguars cornerbacks spend too much time obsessing over Brown, guys like JuJu Smith-Schuster and Martavis Bryant will make them pay for it. And even Bouye and Ramsey acknowledge are going to need more than the pitiful effort that Jaguars’ offense put out last week.

The Steelers and Jaguars will square off Sunday in the divisional round of the playoffs. Pittsburgh is hoping to get some payback for the earlier season loss and get back to the Championship.

Whaley, 45, served as general manager of the Bills from May 2013 through the 2017 NFL draft, after which he was relieved of his duties. He first joined the organization in 2010 as an assistant GM/director of pro personnel after 11 years with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His primary role in Pittsburgh was coordinator of pro scouting.

By interviewing Whaley, the Packers complied with the Rooney Rule. Murphy was impressed with Whaley’s resume and character when they met Saturday in Green Bay.  , an African-American

“Doug Whaley really did a job with the interview,” Murphy said. “I think it was not confirmed, so I enjoyed having a chance to spend some time with him. I'm a Bills fan, but he was the fourth interview. I knew him a little bit, so I follow the Bills a little more closely than some of the other teams.

“But he put together that roster, and it's a playoff team without a great quarterback. It made the playoffs. They have a good roster. I think that was a tribute to him. Very interesting candidate. Fascinating background. Was a stockbroker for a year, about to be a pilot and done a lot of good things. And obviously served as a GM and his background with the Steelers was intriguing, too.”

Daniels to Pro Bowl: Packers defensive tackle Mike Daniels has been named to play in the Pro Bowl in place of Aaron Donald of the Los Angeles Rams, the team said., who can't participate due to an injury

Wild Card Weekend was great. We had one upset that we didn't expect with the Titans beating the Chiefs,Authentic Sammie Coates Jersey, and there was another upset that you could kind of see coming with the Falcons beating the Rams.

The Saints also held on for a close win against the Panthers, and the Jaguars defense dominated the Bills. It wasn't much of a surprise to see New Orleans and Jacksonville advance.

Wild Card Weekend was great. We had one upset that we didn't expect with the Titans beating the Chiefs, and there was another upset that you could kind of see coming with the Falcons beating the Rams.

The Saints also held on for a close win against the Panthers,Authentic Joe Montana Jersey, and the Jaguars defense dominated the Bills. It wasn't much of a surprise to see New Orleans and Jacksonville advance.

It certainly feels like the team is making the most of the off time and aren’t in a position for a letdown. This team hit a lot of its goals this season but getting over the hump of the AFC Championship is next on the list.

The guys were asked about whether or not they’d be watching this weekend’s games. It was interesting that they approach it differently. Guard David DeCastro played it off like he might watch but he did mention the Jacksonville Jaguars game. This is the most likely opponent for the Steelers and the only one of the three that beat Pittsburgh earlier in the season.

Leonard Fournette punctuated the Jacksonville Jaguars' 30-9 upset of the Steelers in October with a 90-yard run inside the final two minutes.

However, it was a seemingly innocent 9-yard run earlier in the game -– and not by Fournette -– that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's highlighted Tuesday when discussing Sunday's rematch at Heinz Field in an AFC divisional playoff game.

The Jaguars, leading 7-3 midway through the second quarter, quarterback Blake Bortles stepped up in the pocket,Authentic NaVorro Bowman Jersey, faced a third-and-9 from their own 9. With the Steelers pressuring from the edges, ran 9 yards and dived for the first down.

Instead of forcing a change of possession and getting good field position, 30 second of the clock before punting., the Steelers watched the Jaguars run 11 more plays and consume 6 minutes

That type of run -– a scramble by a mobile quarterback -– was the only attempt for Bortles that afternoon,Womens Carlos Hyde Jersey, but it's illustrative of the rushing threat he presents for the Steelers defense this weekend.

“You've got to make sure you account for Bortles, that we're disciplined in our rush lanes and make sure we bring him down.,” linebacker Bud Dupree said. “We've got to make sure we don't let him scramble

“He's a great athlete. He runs fast. He can make you miss. He's big, and he even tries to run you over sometimes.”

Listed at 6-foot-5, 231 pounds, Bortles is 4 inches taller and 3 pounds heavier than Fournette,040 yards rushing in his rookie season, perhaps the best big back in the NFL. While Fournette finished eighth in the NFL with 1, Bortles ranked No. 7 among quarterbacks with 323 yards on the ground.

In the Jaguars' 10-3 wild-card win against the Buffalo Bills, Bortles rushed for a game-high 88 yards on 10 carries. He had one more yard rushing than passing.

“Minimizing their run is more than focusing on Leonard, but we have to do a good job for 60 minutes and in all areas if we want to minimize the way they run the ball and the ways they possess the ball and control the game and are in manageable third downs because of it.”,” Tomlin said at his weekly news conference. “We have to do a good job there

Bortles led the Jaguars to a 10-6 record, averaging 5.6 yards per carry.Womens Joe Montana Jersey, AFC South title and wild-card win by being efficient with the football. His 13 interceptions and 24 sacks were career lows. He also exceeded 300 yards rushing for the fourth year in a row

“He might not be the fastest guy in the world,” cornerback Joe Haden said, “but it you get a first down on third-and-8 or third-and-9, those kill a defense.”

While the Steelers are concerned about Bortles breaking long gains on third down, often setting the table for short down-and-distance situations. Only two quarterbacks were more successful running on first down., he did his best work in the regular season earlier in drives. He gained 144 of his 323 yards on first down

“His mobility is a factor in the game whether it's by design,” Tomlin said. “He also does a great job of creating as plays break down on possession downs with his legs.”,Authentic Solomon Thomas Jersey, which they have several things to keep you off balance on first and second down

Behind Bortles, one spot lower than the Steelers. They also led the NFL in rushing. Which is why the Steelers would like to keep Bortles — and Fournette — contained and force the Jaguars into passing situations while sealing the running lanes., the Jaguars finished fifth in the NFL in time of possession

“That's the game plan for this week, trying to stop the flow of what they want to do,” nose tackle Javon Hargrave said. “That's big, trying to stop Bortles from getting out of the pocket and picking up first downs.”

The Steelers don't have to go back far in the archive to study another opposing quarterback who presented problems with his mobility. In the season finale, Cleveland rookie DeShone Kizer had 61 yards rushing on six attempts. In the second half, Kizer gained 16 yards on a third-and-15, and he also had a 20-yard scramble on a first down.

“That's very critical to our success,Womens Senquez Golson Jersey,,” defensive end Cam Heyward said. “Last game, we can have more success. We can shut down the lanes, we gave up some rush lanes that were huge that allowed them to run the ball (and get) advantageous yards. If we can keep mobile quarterbacks in the pocket, make them think about the (pass) rush than throwing down the field.

“If you give them wide-open lanes,Womens Sammie Coates Jersey,Womens Jerry Rice Jersey, and that's more critical in the playoffs.”, they are going to exploit you

Allen Park – After the best season of his career, Detroit Lions receiver Marvin Jones is going to stick with what’s working for him. That means going back to North Carolina to work with receiving legend Randy Moss this offseason.

“I’m going to look at the film,Authentic Jerry Rice Jersey,Authentic Carlos Hyde Jersey,” Jones said last week. “Look at what I’ve done and what I think I need to get better at and attack it just like I did last year.”

A free-agent addition in 2016, catching 27 passes for a league-leading 519 yards through five games. But a string of lower-body injuries derailed his campaign. He didn’t top 100 yards in a game the rest of the season and finished with fewer than 60 yards in seven of 10 games., Jones came hot out the gate in his first season in Detroit

That’s why one of his focuses working with Moss last offseason was leg strength.

“Just the intensity,Womens NaVorro Bowman Jersey, picking up the intensity in terms of the lower body and picking up the weight and really building the strength, because I did,” Jones said in June. “That’s not to say that I didn’t do it last year, but it’s just an added focus — less focus on the upper body and more on the lower body.”

topping 1,000 yards for the first time in his career,That focus helped Jones stay off the injury report and play in all 16 games in 2017. He also set new benchmarks, while finding the end zone nine times.

hauling in 20 grabs of 20 or more yards and six of at least 40,Jones was one of the NFL’s premier deep threats last season, both ranking in the top-five in the league.

” Jones said. “We have some explosive players that can go down and get the ball. That’s all I can say. We have the players that can do it, we have the quarterback that has the arm to do it. You match that up,“Definitely proud of what we’ve been able to do in that manner, we’ll take it every day.”

Jones said one of his focuses heading into next season will be improving his ability to do damage after the catch.

when I was young, I was great at that. Kind of got lost in the years,” Jones said. “I’m going to be able to take something to the house on a consistent basis. I just want to be a complete receiver,“I think it’s something early on, in that manner. If I do that, the game is over.”

Golden Tate,Jones’ teammate, led all receivers with 546 yards after the catch. Jones finished with just 201 on his 61 receptions.