Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeMarcus Lawrence's agent speaks on contract talks with Cowboys
He's already declared he wants to remain with the Dallas Cowboys and the team has made it clear they have no intention on letting him test the waters, David Canter,Authentic Trumaine Johnson Jersey, with the exclusive rights franchise tag being utilized only in a break-glass-in-case-of-emergency capacity -- but either way Lawrence will wear the Star in 2018, with Stephen Jones prepared to "roll up his sleeves" and get a deal done. The priority remains to land an extension if at all possible this offseason, and knowing either one will be the outcome frees up the veteran focus on other things while his agent,Womens Greg Zuerlein Jersey, talks commas with the Cowboys' brass.

” Lawrence said,“It’s great for them to prioritize me as being a Cowboy,. “I’m not worried about it. I’m gonna let my agent worry about that part. I believe and trust in him 100 percent to get the job done.”

For his part,Authentic Rodger Saffold Jersey, Canter is doubling down on the belief no other NFL team will get within sniffing distance of his client.

“I would imagine that they’re probably not just letting us get to free agency and leave Dallas, ascending,” Canter said. "It's really up to them to want to do a deal that's in line with what the market is for a young, elite franchise-caliber defensive end. Whatever that number ends up being remains to be seen. But I do imagine and believe that we'll have multiple conversations over the next month or so.

$3.5M contract that saw him initially brought in to backup veteran Darren McFadden in 2016,Womens Rodger Saffold Jersey,Operating in the final season of his two-year, the Cowboys completely flipped the table when they selected running back Ezekiel Elliott with the fourth-overall pick in the draft only months later. The subsequent fallout shoved Morris to the RB3 role with McFadden remaining the starter -- while Elliott was set to open the season at RB2.

One fractured elbow by McFadden later, Morris became an afterthought for the club. This was never more evident than in his banishment to the team's inactives once McFadden returned, Elliott was the immediate starter and Morris ascended to the role he was brought in to own. Over the course of Elliott's historic NFL debut, the Cowboys opting to immediately plug their 2015 star RB in behind Elliott -- despite having not played a snap of football in nearly nine months.

he looked like he stepped into a DeLorean and came back with the Sports Almanac he stole from Biff.,Flash forward to the present and McFadden is now released and retired, um... the six-game suspension on Elliott. In the absence of the 2016 rushing champ, while Morris was key in trying to help save the town from the Shadow Beast known as Rog- ...er, Morris stepped up in a big way. To be more direct

Morris took advantage of the opportunities and made the most of what he was given.,Although the Cowboys failed to make the playoffs, burst, Morris was one of the only players not accountable for the disappointment. He routinely showed great lane reads, power to shed tackles and speed to pull away. While the Cowboys' offense as a whole stalled more often than not

his stint including a 127 bomb dropped on the rival Washington Redskins in Week 13 -- helping to sweep his former team for the second time in his two seasons. That's correct,The veteran racked up 430 yards rushing in his six games as starter at click of 4.34 yards per tote, the Redskins have never defeated the Cowboys while Morris wore the Star.

The Week 16 outing also made him only the 2nd player in NFL history with 100-yard game for both Cowboys and Redskins.

A rejuvenated Morris will likely field some interest in NFL free agency this season but he's continually proclaimed his love of Dallas and the Cowboys are big fans of his as well, and considering his leadership and consummate professionalism both on and off-the-field, which adds to the fact they love to keep at least one veteran presence in their backfield. That bodes well for a potential re-signing of the former NFL rushing champ, it'd behoove the team to try and keep him situated.

where the Cowboys haven’t had a player top 900 yards in a season since Dez Bryant in 2014. The team has also finished 23rd or worse in team sacks the last two seasons,There’s a glaring need at wide receiver, highlighting the need for a pass rusher on the defensive line. The Cowboys went 1-5 without Sean Lee and gave up 13 sacks in the three games Tyron Smith missed.

With the season over, we’ve created this NFL Mock Draft Tracker featuring 11 experts from the industry. Currently, attention turns to April’s draft. To help keep you informed, the most popular opinions among their mocks have the Cowboys drafting a defensive tackle. So bookmark us and check back often. We’ll continue to update the tracker until the draft begins April 26  Stadium in Arlington.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones has talked about the need for wide receiver Dez Bryant to eliminate “distractions” a couple of times recently and Bryant’s not the only offensive player he puts in that category.

Jones sent a similar message to running back Ezekiel Elliott. Elliott contested a six-game suspension for much of last season before serving it in the second half of the year and was involved in a handful of other off-field incidents that landed him in headlines while the league was investigating a domestic violence allegation.

The Cowboys backed Elliott in his fight against the suspension, but Jones said he still needs to focus on making sure everything is moving in a positive direction.

“I know Zeke wants to be great — I’m convinced of that, right up through the start of last season, that he wants to be great, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “He’s also got to understand that, you can’t have these things that we call distractions and things of that nature. Things that take away, not only from him, to be great,” Jones said, but from our team. … Obviously,Womens Alec Ogletree Jersey, there were things that were popping up. We haven’t seen that as of late and hopefully that’s a good indicator that he understands.”

Jerry Jones talked this week about making the offense friendlier to quarterback Dak Prescott. One way to help make that happen is to have Elliott available and focused on football for all 16 games.

Houston Astros fans that have been motivated by the team's World Series championship last year can in fact get a custom Astros license plate, not unlike the ones available for the Houston Texans and Houston Rockets. Fans can order them from the official Texas Department of Motor Vehicles website.

There was some confusion recently when Texas drivers attempted to get Astros plates of their own. They were actually just looking in the wrong place.

The good news is that you can order them from the official Texas Department of Motor Vehicles website here. Even Texas Rangers fans order custom plates if they want.

as his Seattle teammates were heading to the visitors locker room after their 21-12 upset of the Dallas Cowboys,On Dec. 24,Authentic Greg Zuerlein Jersey, Earl Thomas went the other way. He approached Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett in the home team’s hallway and committed the sports equivalent of treason.

” Thomas told Garrett,“If ya’ll get the chance to come get me, “come get me!”

Amazingly but not surprisingly,Authentic Johnny Hekker Jersey,Hawks coach Pete Carroll found nothing untoward about the encounter.

In any case, a new year beckoned, the world turned through the holidays, and Thomas’ keep-me-in-mind pitch to Garrett dissolved like a puddle of rainfall on a street corner.

Until last Thursday,Womens Mark Barron Jersey, when reporter asked Thomas about his status with the Seahawks and he went into Earl-being-Earl mode,Authentic Mark Barron Jersey,  during a practice at the Pro Bowl, hinting about how he might hold out next season.

“As for my future in Seattle, money talks. We’ll get something accomplished. Other than that, “I think if they want me,” he said, you know, I’m just taking it one day at a time.”

If money talks, but he’s obligated to a contract requiring him to taking it one year at a time. The contract is a four-year, how loud is the $8.5-million the Seahawks have guaranteed him next season? Thomas has every right to take it one day at a time, $40-million deal that was arranged to keep him with the team through 2018.

And now that light bulbs no longer are decorating the trees around the neighborhood, and I can’t recall anything comparable to the Christmas Eve incident in Dallas, I’m getting angry. I’ve been working as a sports writer for more than 40 years, where a player on the winning team asked the coach of the losing team to “come get me.”

Major League Baseball once had a policy against “fraternization, but in the aftermath of the 1919 World Series scandal, say,” which discouraged friendly banter among opponents during, batting practice. It sounds ridiculous today, there were legitimate worries about corruption.

Laws forbidding handshakes behind the batting cage have been relaxed, because I don’t understand it, and I suspect my father would understand the possibility opponents can also be friends. But I’m quite sure he wouldn’t understand Earl Thomas’ determination to go to the Cowboys locker room in a Seahawks uniform, either.

I don’t understand how it’s “okay” for a pro athlete, $40-million contract,Authentic Alec Ogletree Jersey, tethered to four-year, lobbying to play for the team his team has just beaten.

it didn’t matter. Change was necessary. The adults affected in the house-cleaning behaved as adults.,When the Seahawks were eliminated from the playoffs, Womens Johnny Hekker Jersey,Carroll began an aggressive overhaul of his coaching staff. Good guys, on Dec. 31, dear friends

But Step 2 in the reloading process awaits, and it’s more complicated than informing well-traveled assistants that they’ll be traveling again. The Seahawks lost seven games in 2017. A roster purge is imminent.

valiant and resourceful. He’s bound for the Hall of Fame.,Let it begin with Thomas,Womens Trumaine Johnson Jersey, he’s fast, who has enriched the Legion of Boom with zoom. A sideline-to-sideline mad dog, fearless