Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer praise Giants' hire of Pat Shurmur,Brad Childress
Shurmur’s most recent boss, Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer, but he was grateful for Shurmur getting another opportunity to become a head coach and hopes his second go-around is successful., is now in need of an offensive coordinator after losing Shurmur

” Zimmer said via Giants.com. “I’m happy for him and his family. It’s another great opportunity. I think he’s going to get an opportunity to work with [new Giants general manager] Dave Gettleman,Womens Landon Collins Jersey,“Pat did a great job, who is a really good football guy, except when they play the Vikings.”,Womens Evan Engram Jersey, and we thanked him yesterday for the success that he’s helped us with and we hope he’s successful in the future

but then promoted him to offensive coordinator when Norv Turner stepped down in the middle of the 2016 season.,Zimmer had initially hired Shurmur to be the Vikings’ tight ends coach

One of Shurmur’s long-time co-workers and assistant coaches,Womens Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey, was also extremely high on the Giants’ decision to hire Shurmur as their next head coach because of his ability to handle the stressful environment of New York., Brad Childress

“Pat is a great hire because he’s wired and he’s a flatline guy, which I think probably thickened his skin a little bit in terms of the media and the fans. He’s always going to be level-headed and I’ve always appreciated that about him. He’s not going to rant and rave and stew. He’s going to figure out what his problem is and go about solving it.”,Womens Davis Webb Jersey,” Childress said on Giants.com’s ‘Big Blue Kickoff Live’ Monday. “What I mean by that is he’s never too high and he’s never too low. That’s Pat. He’s going to take it all in stride. He spent those years in Philadelphia

Childress and Shurmur’s history goes back almost 20 years. Both were assistant coaches under Andy Reid when they were on the Philadelphia Eagles. Then Shurmur hired Childress to be his offensive coordinator when they were with the Cleveland Browns in 2012.

Gettleman also dispelled rumors that New England Patriots coordinators Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels were preferred head coaching candidates to Pat Shurmur.,n addition to confirming that Eli Manning will return to the Giants and resume his role as the starting quarterback

Gettleman also seemed to choose his words very carefully, he appeared to take a subtle shot at departed head coach Ben McAdoo.,Womens Wayne Gallman Jersey, and in throwing his support behind Shurmur

“I really believe the head coach job for the New York Football Giants is a job for an adult, and Pat’s every bit of that, and I’m just excited about where we’re going.,” Gettleman told the media. “I’m just really excited. We’ve had some great conversations. He’s got a great sense of humor

‘This is an adult.’ Everybody wants the next whiz-bang kid. Let me tell you something,Womens Mark Herzlich Jersey,“He’s an adult. He’s mature. He’s got wisdom. He’s very even-keeled. It really pays off. I’ve watched him on the sideline. He doesn’t get shook. He doesn’t get rattled. This is a job for a grownup. We’re halfway through the interview and I wrote down, you look at history and see how that’s worked out. He’s a veteran, professional football coach.”, seasoned

McAdoo, of course, so the tone being set by Gettleman is clear., was considered the next “whiz-bang kid” when he was hired by the Giants

Gettleman isn’t interested in hearing about that fake news.,And as far as the notion that New York preferred Patricia and/or McDaniels to Shurmur? Well

” Gettleman said via the New Your Post. “That’s why! It’s frustrating. People make [stuff] up. There’s no accountability.”,“Because you got agents [putting] all the [expletive] out

Shurmur said he’s ready to get to work and to restore the Giants to glory.

“It’s an honor and privilege to be head coach of the New York Giants, gritty team that knows how to compete. We want to put a group of 90 together that loves to play football.”,” Shurmur said. “There are a lot of very talented players on this team. We need to have a tough

Shurmur,The former head coach of the Cleveland Browns, 52, including this season as the offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings. He is inheriting in the Giants a team that suffered through a 3-13 disaster in 2017., has worked on the staffs of several NFL teams

who was named the NFL’s top assistant this season.,The Giants were so bad that ownership felt it necessary to part ways with head coach Ben McAdoo and general manager Jerry Reese during the season. Dave Gettleman was eventually hired as the new GM and the team hierarchy proceeded to interview several candidates before settling on Shurmur

“We did a considerable amount of research, but it struck me that the name that kept coming up was Pat Shurmur. Pat is the right coach at the right time for this franchise.”,” Giants co-owner John Mara said. “We were able to identify some great candidates

Co-owner Steve Tisch agreed with Mara’s assessment of the new head coach, adding, happy and optimistic that we got the right guy with Pat Shurmur.”, “I’m very confident

Known as a keen offensive mind, helping them get to the NFC championship game. He received high marks from insiders all over the NFL for the job he did turning third-string quarterback Case Keenun into a bona fide starter., Shurmur worked wonders with the Vikings

who said he will call all the plays on offense,Authentic Evan Engram Jersey,Shurmur, took a no-nonsense approach to team building,Authentic Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey, Janoris Jenkins and Eli Apple — were suspended at various points of the season for conduct detrimental to the team., making it clear he will not put up with the type of behavior that helped derail the Giants in 2017. Three cornerbacks — Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

“I have zero tolerance for people that don’t compete, and I have zero tolerance for people that show a lack of respect. People and the players that know me know that I’m willing to give them a hug at the end of a hard day.,Authentic Davis Webb Jersey,” Shurmur said. “I have zero tolerance for people that don’t give effort

“We’re going to do what we have to do to get better each day. I am as impatient as the fans,” he added., and I understand that

Two of the more pressing questions the Giants faced during Shurmur’s first few days on the job have been answered. They have hired James Bettcher to be the defensive coordinator and have tabbed veteran Eli Manning to be the starting quarterback to at least start the 2018 season.

Shurmur called Bettcher,Authentic Wayne Gallman Jersey, the former top defensive assistant for the Arizona Cardinals, and said he is looking forward to a prosperous relationship with two-time Super Bowl MVP Manning., a rising star

“He’s an outstanding football player,Authentic Mark Herzlich Jersey,” Shurmur said., and I can’t wait to get a chance to work with him

specifically along the offensive line and in the running game.,The Giants have plenty of talent on defense but will likely need major upgrades on offense

” Shurmur said. “I think there’s a great example of that,Authentic Eli Apple Jersey,“Everything starts with the offensive line, what we went through in Minnesota. We didn’t change the oil up there; we changed the transmission. We went and got two free agent offensive linemen, and we transformed the offensive line that helped us doing the things that helped us win 14 games.”, we drafted a center that played like a veteran

who was lost for the season with a broken ankle in Week 5 but should be ready to go at some point this summer.,He also said he cannot wait to design plays for superstar wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

“He is a tremendous player, he’s outstanding.,” Shurmur said of Beckham. “He was high on our draft board in Philly. When you watch him on the field

” he added. “We’re going to play New York Giants offense.”,“We’ll have an offense that we’ll consistently try to do things that our players do well

The Giants have not won a postseason game since winning Super Bowl XLVI in early 2012. Mara, made it clear Friday he’s confident the hiring of Shurmur was a big step toward making his team into a postseason regular again., however

“I’ve interviewed a lot of coaches, and Pat Shurmur gave as good an interview as I’ve ever been involved in, and Pat Shurmur did that.”,” Mara said. “You want someone that really wants to be here and thinks there’s something special about this franchise

it wasn’t enough to earn him All-Pro honors or even Pro Bowl honors.,New York Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison was named the league’s best run defender by Pro Football Focus and that was easy for anyone to see. Unfortunately for Snacks however

Harrison will return to the Giants with an even larger chip on his shoulder and the desire to be the most dominant defender in the league.,In 2018