Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders QB Derek Carr lights up 2018 NFL Pro Bowl
With just under four minutes left to go in the fourth quarter against the NFC and his team down 23-17, Carr had to throw the ball away on third-and-seven and the AFC’s coaching staff called a timeout with 3:01 left in regulation.

Carr then stepped into the pocket with rain falling down to hit Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry for 12 yards and a first-down conversion on fourth down for yet another outstanding clutch moment. That was followed by a check-down pass to Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt that was stopped for no gain by Falcons LB Deion Jones which brought the clock to the two-minute warning.

With two minutes left at the 28-yard line, Carr completed a pass into the red zone again on a slant route for nine yards to Hilton which was followed by an 18-yard touchdown strike up the seam to Walker.

Carr finished the game with a stat line of 11-of-15 completions for 115 yards, one touchdown against one interception with a quarterback rating of 89.6. Though he was in 2016 form with his comeback prowess, Walker won the Offensive MVP Award for the 2018 Pro Bowl with Miller winning it for the defense.

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce said on Wednesday that he got the news that quarterback Alex Smith is set to head to Washington in a trade the same way many others did on Tuesday night.

Kelce got the word via Twitter after his girlfriend said something was going on with the quarterback and his reaction to the news of the deal — which can’t be made official until March 14 — was that it will be “awkward” for a little while. Kelce also said that he’s looking forward to seeing what Patrick Mahomes can do in the offense.

“So it’s going to be awkward going into a huddle, like I said, with anybody but Alex,” Kelce said on the Rich Eisen Show. “He’s taken a lot of mental reps and a lot of notes from Alex on how this thing should be run. Alex ran it to an absolute T this past season and, everyone’s excited to see what [Mahomes] can do.”, but I know Pat is ready for the opportunity, obviously

Kelce said the “expectation is definitely high” for the 2017 first-round pick who will start putting his stamp on the offense when the offseason program gets underway in a few months.

he confirmed in a news conference. That means all signs point to his being available in Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles.,Authentic Kirk Cousins Jersey,Tight end Rob Gronkowski has cleared concussion protocol

"I would say (trainers) were more on the cautious side," Gronkowski said of his wait. "Got the word today that we were cleared,Authentic Jordan Reed Jersey, so I'm ready to roll. ... I'm a full go."

which was the first of the week and the only for players to be in full pads. ,Gronkowski was a full participant in Thursday's practice after being listed as limited on Wendesday

Patriots coach Bill Belichick offered few details on Gronkowski's recovery.

so however it goes,Authentic Jonathan Allen Jersey,"Those things are out of our control, it goes,Authentic Ryan Anderson Jersey," Belichick said, before adding that "hopefully he'll be ready to go."

Gronkowski suffered the injury in New England’s 24-21 victory against the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 21 when safety Barry Church struck him during a broken up passing play.

Serving as quarterback Tom Brady’s top target,Womens Ryan Anderson Jersey, Gronkowski caught 69 passes for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns in the regular season.

but they have played their best football since being rejected by the Eagles early in their careers.,Womens Fabian Moreau Jersey,All three players look back on their experiences in Philadelphia differently

Lewis was drafted by Philadelphia in the fifth round in 2011 and played two seasons for them before he was traded to Cleveland. Amendola was among Philadelphia's final cuts in training camp in 2009. Chung started his career in New England, spent a forgettable year with the Eagles in 2013, then returned to the Patriots in 2014.

he was released. He was signed up by the St. Louis Rams and stayed there for four seasons before signing a five-year contract with the Patriots in 2013.,Amendola has experienced people doubting his abilities since he entered the league as an undrafted free agent with Dallas in 2008. He signed with Philadelphia in 2009 after being cut by the Cowboys. But after eight months with the Eagles

a gift from a friend.,This past Christmas he tweeted a picture of his framed No. 11 Eagles jersey

"It's in my pool room — hanging as daily motivation," Amendola said. "I've come a long way since getting the opportunity to play there. It obviously didn't work out, so I guess I take it as a learning experience and just realize how far I've come."

but it didn't work out under then first-year coach Chip Kelly. Chung was back in New England the next season. The decision paid off with a Super Bowl ring last season.,Chung thought he was heading for a fresh start when he signed a three-year contract with Philadelphia in 2013

Chung was coy about what he remembers about the experience.,As for that 2013 season

" Chung said.,"That'll be between me and those people

he has learned to stay motivated.,Lewis said despite his success in New England winning a ring last season and leading the team this season in rushing yards (896) and rushing touchdowns (six)

" Lewis said.,"Never safe. You still gotta put the work in. You still gotta get an opportunity. That's what most of the guys in the league need — just an opportunity to compete

He said he's matured a lot since leaving Philly.

" Lewis said. "They try to tell you what they think you can do without even really knowing you. That's kind of what I went through. I just kind of keep battling and showing people what I can do.","People look at you and kind of characterize you

Amendola and Chung have enjoyed their time in New England,Authentic Josh Norman Jersey,As much as Lewis, they aren't naive to how the Patriots deal with aging players. This past offseason the Patriots parted with LeGarrette Blount,Womens Josh Norman Jersey, who led the NFL with 18 regular-season rushing touchdowns in 2016. But he also had turned 30, long considered the age of decline for running backs.

Blount was vocal about his desire to stay in New England,Womens Kirk Cousins Jersey, but the Patriots signed Mike Gillislee. Blount took a one-year deal with the Eagles,Womens Jordan Reed Jersey, where he has had a good season and been a leader.

Amendola restructured his contract to remain with New England this season. With Julian Edelman out for the season with a knee injury, Amendola has stepped up, leading the team with 196 yards receiving and two touchdowns in the playoffs.

he will also enter free agency this summer.,Womens Jonathan Allen Jersey,At 32

Lewis is in the second year of a two-year deal and becomes an unrestricted free agent in the offseason. Chung, who turns 31 this summer,Authentic Fabian Moreau Jersey, is signed through 2018.

Chung joked that his future was linked to that of his coach.,Chung said he's always admired coach Bill Belichick's no-nonsense approach to football. When reports came out about Belichick possibly considering retirement

Lewis said he will have no regrets if this is his final season in New England.

"Just being here and learning what it takes to be a champion," Lewis said. "I think that's something I'll always remember, regardless of what happens. I'll just cherish my moments here."

The Patriots gave him — and Amendola and Chung — what they've always wanted: an opportunity.

"Nobody's really given me a chance, and these guys gave me a chance. So that definitely means a lot to me," Lewis said. "So I'll always just remember what I've learned here. And hopefully I'll still be here."