Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PERRON'S OT GOAL VS. JETS GIVES GOLDEN KNIGHTS 34TH WIN
the most by an NHL expansion team in its debut season. They surpassed the mark set by both Florida and Anaheim in the 1993-94 season.,David Perron scored 3:57 into overtime to lead Vegas past the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 on Thursday night for the Golden Knights’ 34th victory

” said Gerard Gallant,“It doesn’t mean a whole lot right now, to be honest with you, who has coached his team to a Western Conference-leading 34-12-4 record, one point back of league-best Tampa Bay.

but it couldn’t get it into the net. Perron then fired a high shot past Connor Hellebuyck to win it.,The Jets had the puck rolling in the crease three times in the extra period

” Gallant said. “But you know, at the end of the season we’ll look at it and be happy,“We’re just trying to battle and get two points again every night and that’s what we’re trying to do, I’m sure.”

Winnipeg’s Kyle Connor had tied it with a high shot to Marc-Andre Fleury’s glove side with 2:36 left in the third period. Joel Armia also had a goal and one assist for Winnipeg.

Hellebuyck made 28 saves for the Jets, who were trying to set a franchise record with their eighth straight home win.

Fleury stopped 24 shots for Vegas. It was his 389th win, putting him into a tie for 13th among NHL goaltenders.

” Perron said of the overtime scrambles. “I don’t know how the puck stayed out,“That’s  for you right there. He loves those kinds of moments,Authentic Auston Matthews jersey, but he found a way to keep it out.”

Reilly Smith had a short-handed goal and Erik Haula scored a controversial goal on the power play for Vegas.

Haula’s go-ahead goal came with 1:30 left in the second period. Golden Knights forward James Neal was in front of Winnipeg’s net and broke his stick with a swing to Hellebuyck’s mask. The puck was under the netminder and Haula reached in his stick from the other side of the crease and knocked it in.

The Bell MTS Place crowd started screaming and Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice challenged for goaltender interference, but a review upheld the goal. The NHL Situation Room released an explanation stating no infraction had occurred.

it was laying in the crease, so the guy was allowed to take a two-hand smack to my face,Authentic Daniel Sedin jersey,“What said is the puck wasn’t covered,” Hellebuyck said. “I don’t understand it. I think it’s a terrible call. You would think the video replay is there for that reason.”

It had Jets captain Blake Wheeler frustrated,Authentic Henrik Sedin jersey, too.

which gives their player the right to break his stick over head,” Wheeler said. “There’s been an outcry with the league to get this right. We were told before the game that it was going to be a little bit cleaner,“The explanation was that the puck was behind the goalie,Authentic Alex Ovechkin jersey, they were going to be looking for goalie interference. It’s the first time I’ve seen a guy break a stick over a goalie’s head.”

just beyond the spirit of the rule,” Maurice said. “The idea that a guy could clean a goalie out would be goalie interference,“I don’t know how there would be an event that would be more egregious with goaltender interference,Authentic T. J. Oshie jersey, but a two-hand to the head wouldn’t. What are we going to do with our goalies now? The puck’s loose in the crease, so swing away?”

thanks to a gaffe by Fleury. The veteran goalie went behind the net to get the puck, but the Jets’ Matt Hendricks stole it and passed it out to Armia,Authentic Patrik Laine jersey,Winnipeg led 1-0 after the first period, who was in front of the empty net to score his 10th of the season.

Winnipeg got its second power play of the game midway through the second, but the visitors’ pressuring penalty kill led to Smith’s tying goal. Smith stole the puck from Jets captain Blake Wheeler inside Winnipeg’s blue line and beat Hellebuyck with a high shot on the breakaway at 12:10.

Haula’s goal came during the visitors’ first power play of the game. The goal extended Haula’s point streak to seven games, with four goals and five assists.

'' Hellebuyck said. ''Guys are getting a little banged up,''They're bringing it every night and you can tell, that means they're blocking shots and doing the right things. My hat is off to my teammates.''

rookie Jack Roslovic was credited with his second and Nikolaj Ehlers added an empty-netter for the Jets,Patrik Laine scored his team-leading 24th goal, who improved to 5-0-2 in their last seven. Blake Wheeler had two assists.

Semyon Varlamov had 29 saves for Colorado in his return after missing 10 games with an injury and then backing up Jonathan Bernier in the overtime win at Edmonton on Thursday night.

''It was great to see him back in the net and he was our best player tonight,'' Colorado coach Jared Bednar said.

Winnipeg led 1-0 after the first period and kept that edge until Wheeler's shot bounced off Roslovic and went up and over Varlamov into the net at 5:17 of the third.

With forward Mikko Rantanen in the penalty box for tripping, Laine scored 2:27 into the opening period on a play that's become familiar to Winnipeg fans. Wheeler threaded a pass through defenders across the front of the net to Laine on the left and he quickly fired in his 13th power-play marker past Varlamov on his blocker side.

and bad luck, by both teams. The Jets had three shots hit the post,Rantanen later rang a shot off the post as the Avalanche had a 10-6 advantage in shots after the first. The scoreless second period featured good chances, while the Avalanche had a 2-man break while short-handed when Matt Nieto and Gabriel Bourque went in alone on Hellebuyck, but Bourque's high shot missed the net.

''I think I might have intimidated (Bourque) a little bit,'' Hellebuyck said with a grin.

Nieto described Hellebuyck as a big goalie who takes up a lot of the net.

''If he sees the puck he's going to save it,'' Nieto said. ''We just had to get guys in front of him and get more second and third chances.''

Bednar said his players looked good for the first half of the game.

''I thought the final 30 minutes of the game our execution was poor,'' he said. ''We were passing into skates and turning the puck over and that led to them creating a bunch of good scoring chances in the second period. Eventually they took over the game.''

The Avalanche had a power play with 4:43 left in the third when Jets center Bryan Little was called for hooking, but Hellebuyck made a couple of stops from close in and Ehlers scored into the empty net with 18 seconds left to preserve the win.

we handled it pretty darn well,'' Maurice said. ... The Avalanche wrapped up a season-high,adidas Auston Matthews jersey,NOTES: Winnipeg lost veteran forward Matt Hendricks to an upper-body injury early in the opening period. Coach Paul Maurice said later it didn't look significant. ''In that we lost Matt so early and you get to a shorter bench and a kind of a grinding game, six-game road trip at 2-3-1.

Connor Hellebuyck gave his teammates all the credit for helping look good as he picked up his latest shutout.

Hellebuyck made 25 saves for his fifth shutout of the season and the 11th of his career as the Winnipeg Jets beat the Colorado Avalanche 3-0 on Saturday night.

" Hellebuyck said. "Guys are getting a little banged up,"They're bringing it every night and you can tell,adidas Daniel Sedin jersey, that means they're blocking shots and doing the right things. My hat is off to my teammates."

rookie Jack Roslovic was credited with his second and Nikolaj Ehlers added an empty-netter for the Jets,Patrik Laine scored his team-leading 24th goal, who improved to 5-0-2 in their last seven. Blake Wheeler had two assists.

Semyon Varlamov had 29 saves for Colorado in his return after missing 10 games with an injury and then backing up Jonathan Bernier in the overtime win at Edmonton on Thursday night.

"It was great to see him back in the net and he was our best player tonight,adidas Henrik Sedin jersey," Colorado coach Jared Bednar said.

Winnipeg led 1-0 after the first period and kept that edge until Wheeler's shot bounced off Roslovic and went up and over Varlamov into the net at 5:17 of the third.

With forward Mikko Rantanen in the penalty box for tripping, Laine scored 2:27 into the opening period on a play that's become familiar to Winnipeg fans. Wheeler threaded a pass through defenders across the front of the net to Laine on the left and he quickly fired in his 13th power-play marker past Varlamov on his blocker side.

and bad luck,adidas Alex Ovechkin jersey, by both teams. The Jets had three shots hit the post,Rantanen later rang a shot off the post as the Avalanche had a 10-6 advantage in shots after the first. The scoreless second period featured good chances, while the Avalanche had a 2-man break while short-handed when Matt Nieto and Gabriel Bourque went in alone on Hellebuyck,adidas T. J. Oshie jersey, but Bourque's high shot missed the net.

"I think I might have intimidated (Bourque) a little bit," Hellebuyck said with a grin.

Nieto described Hellebuyck as a big goalie who takes up a lot of the net.

"If he sees the puck he's going to save it," Nieto said. "We just had to get guys in front of him and get more second and third chances."

"I thought the final 30 minutes of the game our execution was poor," he said. "We were passing into skates and turning the puck over and that led to them creating a bunch of good scoring chances in the second period. Eventually they took over the game."

The Avalanche had a power play with 4:43 left in the third when Jets center Bryan Little was called for hooking,adidas Patrik Laine jersey, but Hellebuyck made a couple of stops from close in and Ehlers scored into the empty net with 18 seconds left to preserve the win.

we handled it pretty darn well," Maurice said. ... The Avalanche wrapped up a season-high,NOTES: Winnipeg lost veteran forward Matt Hendricks to an upper-body injury early in the opening period. Coach Paul Maurice said later it didn't look significant. "In that we lost Matt so early and you get to a shorter bench and a kind of a grinding game, six-game road trip at 2-3-1.